Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Billionaire Cocktail

I found this one at Serious Eats, where the drink calls for the soon to be released Employees Only brand grenadine, Pernod absinthe and Baker’s 107-proof bourbon. Well, I make my own grenadine and Pernod’s modern absinthe is overpriced junk. Baker’s is good whiskey, but not one I usually keep on hand, so I subbed in Kubler for the absinthe and Wild Turkey 101 for the Baker’s. The Employees Only recipe calls for a half-ounce of simple syrup as well, which I skipped because I didn’t want the drink to be too sweet.

The Billionaire Cocktail
2 oz. 101+-proof bourbon
1 oz. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
½ oz. grenadine (homemade, or EO Grenadine)
¼ oz. absinthe

Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel.

This one is a winner for me – I love whiskey, and this combination is a whiskey drink for the summer that doesn’t lose the base spirit altogether.

share

No comments:

Post a Comment