Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sanbitter... Uses?

I picked up a couple bottles of this stuff months ago at my local Italian grocery (Marino’s Supermarket on 29th avenue), just because it looked interesting and I thought it might make a good cocktail ingredient. Well, it turns out that San Pellegrino makes Sanbitter as a non-alcoholic alternative to Campari and soda. Personally, I find the idea of “non-alcoholic” alternatives to good honest booze a little nauseating, and since I love Campari and thus always have a bottle around, the little bottles of Sanbitter have been pretty much ignored since they found their way into my kitchen.

Now I need the fridge space back, so I’m once again trying to find something to do with the Sanbitter. So far I’ve had it with about two ounces of 101 proof gin, on the rocks in a highball glass, which was decent but not spectacular. I think adding a splash of Campari would help it out, but that just seems silly… Why not just have a Campari and soda?

So I’m opening this one up to the readers – Does anyone have any suggestions for this stuff?



share

No comments:

Post a Comment